WRKF 89.3 is the NPR news and information station for Baton Rouge, Louisiana's capital. It is among the top rated news and information stations in the market and produces statehouse news for public radio stations across the state. WRKF’s operating model depends on philanthropic support from the community. In order to raise and build membership support, WRKF is seeking a Membership Manager with a pro-active style, positive energy, and the ability to critically analyze in order to play an integral role as a member of the station’s development team.
The Membership Manager will be part of the department that is responsible for all aspects of membership including the annual campaign goal. They will perform a variety of functions that supports the commitment to member satisfaction, ensures a positive donor experience, and supports the development initiatives to achieve revenue goals
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, execute and evaluate on-air fundraising campaigns.
- Translate fundraising strategy into the specific action steps required to meet on-air fundraising goals.
- Create, execute and evaluate direct marketing activities, including direct mail, acquisition efforts, email, telemarketing and acknowledgements to all current, lapsed and potential donors.
- Responsible for Credit Card maintenance associated with the monthly giving program, daily deposits, Car Donation Program
- Coordinates the Matching Gift Program
- Coordinates outbound e-solicitations and station eblasts
- Manage the donor contribution and fundraising functions of the station website.
- Responsible for mail solicitations
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Fundraising experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or university or equivalent training and experience
- Good organizational and time management skills required - attention to detail is a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in customer service a plus
- Ideal candidate is willing to work some evenings, weekends
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, creative, proactive, detail-oriented and to self-manage.
- Excellent computer skills are required. Microsoft Work, Excel, Outlook, the internet and fundraising databases Allegiance is preferred
We offer competitive compensation and benefits including, medical, vision and dental coverage, Life and LTD, paid vacation, personal and sick time.
WRKF is an equal opportunity employer.
Send resume, references and cover letter to: WRKF - Membership Manager 3050 Valley Creek Drive Baton Rouge LA 70808 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Position is open until filled - first review July 14, 2017.
WRKF is an equal opportunity employer.
WRKF offers newsroom internships to foster passion for public radio and develop local talent.
Interns work alongside the station's experienced journalists, researching stories, writing broadcast copy, gathering sound, and producing pieces for air.
WRKF's internships are open to college students, recent graduates, and members of the community.
Internships are part-time, unpaid opportunities.
Listen to some of the feature stories produced by WRKF interns.
Scholarships in Broadcast Journalism
WRKF offers scholarships to college students. The scholarships have been created by donors to the Baton Rouge Area Foundation. Scholarships are primarily awarded based on financial need, academic achievement, and good citizenship.
The WRKF scholarship was created to promote the study of broadcast journalism at LSU and Southern University. The scholarship award is to be used toward the following, in order of priority:
- tuition and fees
- room and board
- books and supplies
- commuting expenses.
The recipients are to be selected by an independent selection and review committee.
To apply for the scholarship, please review the guidelines, determine your eligibility, and submit the scholarship application and supporting materials. The foundation staff will review all of the applications, schedule any necessary interviews, and submit materials to the foundation board for review and final decision.
For more information including scholarship amounts and application deadlines visit BRAF.org.
To make a donation to the scholarship fund, contact the Baton Rouge Area Foundation at 225-387-6126 or 877-387-6126.
WRKF 89.3 FM is Baton Rouge's independent nonprofit National Public Radio station, informing and entertaining the community since 1980 with support from underwriters and supporter donors who value original coverage of Louisiana news and politics and national and international news coverage from NPR news. WRKF's varied programming consists of primarily news/talk with a diverse mix of music and cultural programming like “American Routes” with Nick Spitzer, theater of the mind programs like “This American Life” with Ira Glass and variety programs like “Wait, Wait, Don't Me” with Peter Sagal. Overnight WRKF retransmits the BBC World Service. WRKF streams live on the web at www.wrkf.org and through the WRKF app available for both Apple and Android devices.
WRKF Diversity Statement
WRKF does not discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person's race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
WRKF EEO Information