WRKF is hiring
Development and Membership Services Representative
The Development and Membership Services Representative is part of the WRKF Development team and shares responsibility for membership customer service via phone, email, and database processes. Responsible for donation processing, credit card recapture, and execution of fundraising email and maintenance of donor database in coordination with the Membership Manager. Greats visitors and maintains front desk at the station. Shares responsibility for membership drive customer service including working non-standard hours, and donor processing as needed. Reports to the Development Director.
Excellent interpersonal, telephone, and computer skills
Proficiency in MS Office, Word, and Excel
Familiarity with Allegiance Membership database software, Pitney Bowes Smart mailer, and Sage credit card processing
- Telephone answering and greeting of visitors
- Assigning membership projects to volunteers and overseeing the same
- Daily check processing and preparation of checks for processing
- Credit card processing of daily donations and sustainer batch processing
- Monthly membership billing, processing matching company paperwork, processing monthly electronic charges
- Fundraising duties, including monthly preparation and processing of bulk mailings and other mailings
- Processing of on-air membership campaign drive fulfillment
- Ordering of business and office supplies
- Assist Membership Manager and Development Director as needed
- Credit card processing of underwriting and events transactions
- Preparation and processing of underwriting mailings
- Other regular duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree and 1 year of experience in database management.
Email resume, references, and cover letter, with subject line: Development and Membership Services Representative to email@example.com
Position is open until filled - the first review will consider applications submitted by
We offer attractive, competitive compensation and benefits including, medical, vision and dental coverage, Life and LTD, paid vacation, personal and sick time.
WRKF is an equal opportunity employer.
89.3 WRKF is public radio for Baton Rouge. As the capital city's independent nonprofit NPR affiliate, WRKF has informed and entertained the community since 1980. WRKF does this with support from underwriters and supporter donors who value original coverage of Louisiana news and politics and national and international news coverage from NPR news. WRKF's programming includes news/talk with a diverse mix of music and cultural programming like “American Routes” with Nick Spitzer, theater of the mind programs like “This American Life” with Ira Glass, and variety programs like “Wait, Wait, Don't Me” with Peter Sagal. WRKF brings the BBC World Service to Baton Rouge listeners every night. WRKF streams live on the web at wrkf.org and through the WRKF app available for both Apple and Android devices.
WRKF Diversity Statement
WRKF does not discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person's race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
WRKF EEO Information