An arrest has been made in the bomb threat directed toward LSU's campus on Monday.
Campus police, with the help of multiple law enforcement agencies, arrested 42-year-old William Bouvay, Jr. of Baton Rouge shortly before midnight on Tuesday.
Police say Bouvay surrendered voluntarily and later admitted to investigators that he made the bomb threat. He was then booked for communication of false information of planned bombing; a felony with a maximum punishment of 20 years in prison.
LSU Police spokesman Capt. Corey Lalonde says law enforcement was able to track down Bouvay after determining the thre came from a deactivated cell phone that could only make emergency calls.
"Through that information we were able to get to get a GPS location of where the call was made from," said Lalonde. "Our investigators were able to go out to that area and search a couple of residences trying to find that phone and in that process they did come into contact with Mr. Bouvay and developed him as a suspect."
Lalonde said Bouvay is not an LSU student and has not been tied to the threats made to other college campuses last week.
"We feel fairly certain that this was an isolated incident to the Baton Rouge area and LSU Community only," said Lalonde.
Police have not released details about any possible motive.
The threat of multiple bombs on LSU's campus prompted the evacuation of around 30,000 people Monday. It took some faculty and staff over an hour to get off campus because of gridlock.